Wednesday, December 1, 2010

182. Moved The Fence..........

Yesterday, Steve, Ginger and I moved the fence!  It was definitely a labor of love, but well worth it.  Because the bottom of the fence was so close to the ground, we thought it might be harmed by both the snow and snow plows, so up, up, up it went!

First, I cut up a piece of blue tarp to the size of the fence, and put grommets all around the edges. I felt like I needed the tarp behind the fence to give me a good background to photograph the locks and keys. While the tarp was temporarily tied to the top railing of the entrance porch, I snipped the wire from around the MASSIVE staples we used to attach the fence initially.  Once the fence was completely released from the lower part of the porch, Steve and Ginger lifted and held it up, while I tied it to the top railing.  Now, both the tarp and the fence are on the upper railing.  We all decided it actually looked better now that it did before!  So much easier to see all the wonderful locks, keys and stories!!!!!  Here are the photo's of what it looked like before what it looks like now:

Before the move.......

After the move.

Detail view #1.

Detail view #2.

View from Court Street

No comments:

Post a Comment