Thursday, November 4, 2010

125. Story via Email 11-03-10

So, I remember first hearing your speak of this project and thought I had nothing to contribute...

I want to unlock my innocence and lock up my fear.
I want to free my heart and free my trust!
I am an adult survivor of childhood abuse by the hand of my father and I was kicked to the curb and abandoned by my mother.
I was a teenage mother having my son when I was 18.
I raised myself and made every bad decision possible.
When my son was 6(1998) my father tried to kill me....I hid at a battered womens shelter.
I asked his father for help, he hadn't helped before and being homeless I thought he might now....
He took my baby boy into his home but cut me completely out, ultimately legally stealing my child and then giving him to the state of CT.
I struggled for a while falling into a deep dark place.
In 2000 God gave me a baby girl...who saved me from myself.
So now...at 36 I am still a mess. My son just turned 18 and isn't in my life the way he should be.
I am all alone in this world w/ my daughter and I fear people, I don't trust and fear that at any minute I could lose what little I have.
Somewhere along the line I started just surviving and stopped living.
I would like to unlock my innocence so that I may enjoy life again.
I'd like to unlock the cage that has jailed my beaten self...I'd like to set her free so that I can embrace the woman I want to be today.
I want to let go of the past in a freeing healing way and grow into a stronger more vibrant woman and artist and mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment